Senior Vice President
Niki Carelli is Senior Vice President and Public Policy Advisor with The Daschle Group, a Public Policy Advisory of Baker Donelson, and of counsel with Baker Donelson. Niki handles a diverse range of legislative, administrative and policy issues in the health care sector, helping clients understand the current landscape and representing their interests before Congress and the executive branch.
Niki’s clients have included drug and device manufacturers, state governments, health insurers, providers and universities. She counsels clients on developing and implementing comprehensive, multidisciplinary government affairs strategies to resolve complex policy and legal issues, including issues related to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid funding and compliance, Medicare reimbursement and congressional investigations. Niki also advises clients on a range of domestic policy issues, including appropriations and federal laws governing lobbying and ethics.
- “GAO Recommends Improvements to 340B Contract Pharmacy Oversight ” (July 2018)
- “President Trump Releases Drug Pricing Blueprint” (May 2018)
- “Alexander, Murray Announce Bipartisan Proposal on Market Stabilization” (October 2017)
- “President Trump Issues Far-Reaching Changes to the Affordable Care Act” (October 2017)
- “Senate Republican Health Care Working Group Releases Health Care Reform Bill Text” (June 2017)
- “Republican ACA Replacement Passes House Committees on Party Line Votes” (March 2017)
- District of Columbia, 2009
- California, 2008
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2008, with distinction
- Stanford University, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, with distinction, Political Science, 2004