Tiffani V. Williams
Senior Vice President
Tiffani V. Williams is Senior Vice President and Public Policy Advisor with The Daschle Group, a Public Policy Advisory of Baker Donelson, and of counsel with Baker Donelson. She concentrates her practice on regulatory and legislative matters relating to the provision of health care services.
Tiffani has represented various segments of the health care industry, including hospitals, health care practitioners, independent clinical laboratories, health plans, pharmaceutical and device manufacturers, dialysis providers, trade associations and industry coalitions.
She provides strategic policy and regulatory counsel on a variety of health-related issues, including Medicare and Medicaid coverage, coding and reimbursement, health care reform policies, rules and regulations, health information technology, prevention and wellness efforts, and compliance with HIPAA/HITECH Act privacy and security regulations and fraud and abuse statutes. On these issues, she deals directly with Congress, as well as the administration and executive branch agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services, including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Health Resources & Services Administration. She also assists health care clients with comments to various proposed and final federal agency regulations, and regularly prepares advisories, trending reports and position papers for clients.
In addition to advising clients on complex health care policy and regulatory matters, Tiffani also represents clients on food and nutrition security policy and regulatory issues, and emerging trends impacting the food and agriculture industries.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Washington D.C. Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2014
- Thelen, Reid & Priest Fellow – East Bay Community Law Center HIV/AIDS Law Center
- American Bar Association (ABA)
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- “CMS Reinstates ACA Risk Adjustment Payments” (July 2018)
- “Trump Administration Releases Regulations to Expand Association Health Plans” (June 2018)
- “President Trump Releases Drug Pricing Blueprint” (May 2018)
- “Political Policy Recap and Look Ahead,” American Association of Diabetes Educators webinar (December 2017)
- “Alexander, Murray Announce Bipartisan Proposal on Market Stabilization” (October 2017)
- “President Trump Issues Far-Reaching Changes to the Affordable Care Act” (October 2017)
- “Senate Republican Health Care Working Group Releases Health Care Reform Bill Text” (June 2017)
- “CMS Releases MACRA Proposed Rule for 2018” (June 2017)
- “House Makes Good on Promise to Repeal and Replace Affordable Care Act” (May 2017)
- “HHS Finalizes Rule Aimed at Stabilizing ACA Individual Marketplace” (April 2017)
- “Republican ACA Replacement Passes House Committees on Party Line Votes” (March 2017)
- “First Steps Toward ACA Marketplace Stabilization,” Law360 (March 2017)
- “HHS Makes Its First Move to Stabilize the Individual Health Insurance Market” (February 2017)
- “Big Payment Changes Revealed In New Medicare Part B Drug Payment Test” (March 2016)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- New York, 2006
- District of Columbia, 2005